Get A FREE Hit Counter
hit counter code html

Thursday 11 March 2010

(Nearly) finish - Giraffe

I have been stitching like a mad woman last week on the giraffe. And it is finished - well, apart from the backstitching. Whenever I come to the end of a project I always stitch like mad!

I haven't been blogging a lot in the last two weeks, indeed, I haven't been online a lot. I am still at home, but say my Consultant in the hospital last week, and they are happy with my progress and discharged me from their care. The Consultant was very happy with his handiwork LOL. Tomorrow I'm going to see my GP to get a 'Return to work' Certificate for next Monday, but than I'm on annual leave for 9 days - so my time at home is coming to an end. In an strange way, I am looking even forward going back to work. It's just a shame that work takes too much of the time of the day... so there won't be that much time left for cross stitching and blogging and Internet groups.

The other news is that I bought myself a new car- a Vauxhall Astra Estate.  I started to get slight problems with my old Vauxhall Corsa - nothing major, it's been a good car. However, it is now 8 years old, and I thought I'm going to see a car dealer to see how much money they could offer me for it. And the offer was good (I did my research before!) so I decided to go for a bigger car which we need really with 3 children and now also the dog - that's why the Estate car. I can pick it up on Saturday - can't wait!! It's an Automatic again , I do have a manual licence, but since I've driven my first Automatic some years ago there is no going back for me - for me at least, a sooo much more enjoyable drive. Here is the link to my new car, pictures will follow on Saturday.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Looks great. I love the look so far :)

Gillie said...

I love giraffes too but don't know how you stitched all that similar colouring! Looks lovely. Have fun in the new car!

Mylene said...

Congrats on finishing the Giraffe. It looks wonderful!

And the new car looks great!

 

©2009 The Pegster | by TNB