Get A FREE Hit Counter
hit counter code html

Monday 14 September 2009


Here is my progress from last week. 'Giraffe Mother and Baby' from Dimensions. Mother's neck is nearly finished, and next time on this piece I'm ready to start on the body.. it is surprisingly easy to stitch and I'm not yet bored of all the browns. It looks so realistic, that's what I like. Some of the colours are mixed e.g. 1 strand of 350 and 1 strand of 397 etc, and with those longer threads, I find that they start to come apart nearer to the end, so quite poor quality thread in the kit I guess (?). So it's either working with shorter threads to reduce the friction, or knotting when they tear - annoying.

2 comments:

Gillie said...

My favourite animals!

Unknown said...

And my daughter's favorite too Gillie, ever since she saw them at London Zoo when she was 3. This one is for her bedroom (she is 10 now ;-)

 

©2009 The Pegster | by TNB