Get A FREE Hit Counter
hit counter code html

Sunday 30 September 2007

Dick Francis ' Second Wind '



When Perry Stuart, a BBC weather forecaster, travels to Florida to make a once-in-a-lifetime flight into the eye of a hurricane, he meets with hair-raising airborne adventure. Before long, he is struggling to survive on a deserted Caribbean island and investigating the murky, secretive affairs of a close-knit circle of ruthless entrepreneurs.

I read this as part of a 'Readers Digest' book, and as always, it leaves me only partically satisfied, I feel like I'm missing out on the full reading experience, but nevertheless, it's a book I probably would not have picked up, the good thing is it does introduces me to writers I would not normally chose.
Here, a lot goes into this action adventure - horses, atomic chemicals, cows to mention just a few. My favourite character is Perry's grandmother, he is the 'feisty and wise voice' in the background.

0 comments:

 

©2009 The Pegster | by TNB