Get A FREE Hit Counter
hit counter code html

Sunday 25 March 2007

Back From Olympia

Back from Olympia, and like always, full of ideas and inspirations. Just wanna stitch, stitch, stitch... Here is the stash I got:


Then a few bits and pieces, 30 Anchor colours, scissors, magnets and a magnetic board, a 'Bang on the Door' kit for Ruby - which she is trying to start now as I type. It is a bit ambicious, a 8 year old and stitching on 16 count. I could probably change it to 14 ct, but she is determined to do it as it is in the packet!
The giraffe kit is a new kind of art - pixel art. A bit like Hama Beads, more sophisticated. You get those plastic plates, and have to put the relevant colour on, having a template with the colour code underneath. does this make sense? No? Well, I'm quite eager to try. I got O Christmas tree with material pack, but the pack only came with Aida. Now I don't mind Aida, but really, on the L&L it should be Evenweave / Linen, don't you think? So I had to get another piece of 32ct Evenweave
The Anchor kit 'People who don't like cats...' is just sooo cute. Yeah, normally I'm not into cute, but this just perfect for my front entrance. It looked much better stitched on the wall than the small picture can give it justice, I only saw it after another lady pointed it out to someone.
It was definitely less exhibitors than last year, I missed Victoria's needle for example where I get my L&L and Mirabilia. I guess I will make a date in my diary for Alexander Palace in October - normally I only go to Olympia - basically can't afford to go to two shows a year....
Weekend over already, back to work tomorrow. I should have taken a day off tomorrow, as all I want to do is work on the new stuff, will start on the Giraffe now, I will try to get some peace upstairs. Feel a bit guilty as I did not even do one bit of OU over the weekend, will have to do a lot of reading in the train tomorrow, and will have to sit in the evening to write up.

0 comments:

 

©2009 The Pegster | by TNB