Here is my rotation from last week - Nature's Home afghan. For square 6, I only had to finish the backstitch, but his really brought out the design and was well worth the effort. Than I did the next square to the right which I call square 7 (though they have different square numbers on the original chart, but I am working my way from the top down). Square 7 was not heavily stitched, so it was easy to finish in a few days. And the start of square 8 which is going to be very heavily stitched, almost completely filled with a birdhouse and surrounding flowers.
The flowers proving a right pain to stitch. There are a lot of colours in those small areas of flowers - the leaves alone for example contain over 15 different shades of green - I'm not convinced it is necessary for the design, but well, it does look nice when finished, so I guess it's worth the effort. I definitely didn't do as much as on the giraffe last week, and it is a chore to get the afghan out every 5 weeks... but I'm determined not to have another very large project in my rotation until I finished the afghan - otherwise this could easily turn into a UFO - which I really want to avoid. Looking at the whole afghan today when I took the pictures helped though, as I feel it is turning into 'something' finally!